What is the Minnesota Aquarium Society?
The Minnesota Aquarium Society (MAS) is an incorporated, non-profit organization of tropical fish enthusiasts that was established in the 1930s. From beginner to advanced hobbyists, store owners and breeders, there are 200 current members - making it one of the largest societies in the country.
Everyone is welcome to attend a meeting to find out what it is like. The MAS is a member of the Federated American Aquarium Societies.Why join MAS? Here are some reasons others have joined and some that may appeal to you:
- Feel part of an organization that promotes excellence in fish keeping.
- Feel good about supporting an organization that brings nationally known experts to MAS. Being able to speak to one of our speakers one on one is so much better than phone or email.
- Be recognized for participating in the MAS Breeder Award Program (BAP) and Horticulturist Award Program (HAP). These programs document our progress within the hobby.
- Opportunity to be involved in MAS annual fish show. This event is a time for many members to take a few days off work and really enjoy the hobby.
- Only MAS members are allowed to check out hobby related materials from the MAS library.
- Participate in the monthly Breeder Award and Horticulturist Award Auctions. These auctions are only for members and take place after the monthly meetings.
- Participate in the December Plant Extravaganza. Only members are allowed to purchase these uncommon plants at fantastic prices.
- Save money at the auctions. At each of the three MAS major auctions held in January, April or May, and October, selling members are charged a smaller % of sale price compared to selling non members are charged 30% of sale price.
- MAS members receive Book Points for participating in the BAP/HAP programs, bowl show and Aqua News, allowing them to get FREE books from MAS.
- At the MAS Annual Aquarium Show, members enter for free. Non-members must pay a fee per entry.
King of Kings Lutheran Church; 2330 Dale Street North; Roseville, MN 55113-4599; (Just north of the intersection of Hwy 36 and Dale Street)Meetings begin promptly at 7:30.