At each May meeting we hold elections for President and two Board of Directors.
At the May meeting, one must have been an MAS member for the preceding 6 months. A Director must agree to abide by the goals and mission, the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation, as well as by the applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. No Board member should hold a conflict of interest that would compromise his/her decisions while serving on the Board.
- The president serves one year as president, then a second year as vice president. The president runs the general meeting and the Board meetings. If there are open positions, the president is responsible for seeing that the positions are filled - either by directly contacting candidates or by delegating.
- The positions of treasurer, secretary, and under director are affirmed (by vote of sitting directors) from those interested an/or nominated. This occurs at the meeting marking the start of each new Board (June).
- Each Board of Director position runs for two years. (Each year, at least two of the four directors are open for election. Additional positions may come open.)
- All these positions are voting positions. The Board of Directors arranges for the best time/day of the month for holding monthly Board meetings. All Officers and Board members are expected to attend every month (both general and board meetings), however your fellow officers will understand when extenuating circumstances arise (such as a vacation, family emergency, or an infrequent work conflict).
- The terms for elected positions begin at the conclusion of the June general meeting, so newly elected members are expected to participate at the June Board meeting.
to run for one of these positions
Submit your candidacy when MAS issues a call for candidates. Elections are held at the start of the May meeting and the results should be known before the meeting ends.