MAS holds general meetings the first Thursday of every month (no meeting in July). A typical meeting centers around a speaker and auctioning of fish or plants (through the breeders and horticulturists awards programs). Networking and sharing starts at 7:00pm or earlier.
Here is our typical agenda:
- Arrive between 6:50 to 7:00pm to meet new (and established) friends, converse with local aquarists, and get your questions answered.
- We try to call the meeting to order by 7:15pm and start with announcements and recognition of accomplishments.
- The program/speaker typically presents for an hour or a bit longer.
- A short break for visiting, bathroom, and reviewing the donated bags of fish/plants to be auctioned next.
- We auction off the bags of fry and plants as part of our BAP and HAP programs.
Typically we are done by 9:30pm, but each month varies.