How it works
- week before the BAP/HAP auction: MAS members may use the online system to register the species they are submitting for BAP or HAP.
- Tuesday evening: All items need to be listed at least 24 hours before the auction closes. Fellow members may bid on these items until bidding is closed.
- Wednesday evening at 10:00pm (Central time): bidding is closed.
- Thursday: Winning bidders will be required to pay online at https://aquarium.mn/pay. They will have a link to view all the items they won. Note: there will be a $5 late fee applied to any late payments received after Thursday at midnight.
- Seller responsibilties: We will provide a link for each seller to print MAS-formatted labels that are to be attached to each bag. (This helps us sort the items to the correct buyer.)
- Saturday: Sellers need to drop off the MAS-labeled bags between 11:00am and noon. Winning bidders may stop by to pick up their bags from noon through 1:00pm.
- Distribution (drop-off and pickup of items) will be at a central location: 782 W Sherren St, Roseville [View Map] (this map is accurate, while some GPS maps have misdirected participants)
Guidelines - please read the sections for "Buyers" and Sellers" (below)
- If you are unable to drop-off or pickup bags at the given time/location, you should not be submitting items or bidding on items.
- If something last-minute prevents you from delivering your items, please contact us immediately. MAS contact form Buyers and the integrity of the programs are depending upon everyone to come through.
- Any items not picked up during the pickup time are subject to being forfeited and without a refund. (We need to enforce this rule as those working the distribution event are volunteers and cannot be expected to wait for late-comers.)
- If you run into a problem or want more information, please contact us using the MAS contact form.
Tip: Once you hold the highest bid, the system does not allow you to increase it until someone outbids you. Consider placing a fair and higher price than just the minimum. Currently we do not have an auto-bid feature, but we plan to develop one for future auctions.
Pickup of items will be at a central location: 782 W Sherren St, Roseville [View Map] (this map is accurate, while some GPS maps have misdirected participants)
BAP and HAP participants
We recommend you provide as much information as possible to spotlight your item. Everyone has been asking for photos, so please try to provide one or more. You can also link to a site that provides more detailed information.
We ask that you help us by properly bagging your sales items. All fish and shrimp should be double bagged. Plants should be bagged just slightly damped, not floating in water. Items in glass or plastic containers are inappropriate.
We are providing a page of formatted labels for each seller to print and use. At the end of the auction, you will receive a link where you can print your set of labels for your bags. Please print them out and attach to each bag appropriately. We are using the Avery Presta® 94207 format, which prints 2 columns of 5 labels each. If you cannot access this format, just print the labels on plain paper, cut out the label and tape securely it to your bag. We need this label for proper sorting.