Auctions are conducted by the Minnesota Aquarium Society (MAS) for its members. Commercial sales are not permitted. If you are not a member, you can join MAS at https://aquarium.mn/join. Do not participate if you cannot drop-off or pick-up auction items at the time and place designated for distribution. The distribution event is the Saturday morning after the online auction closes (9:30-11:30am) at Lutheran Redemption Church, Bloomington. Shortly after the auction closes, sellers and buyers will receive an email with instructions.
- Register items for sale at aquarium.mn/auction/add. Sellers may start listing items beginning on a Wednesday, and all sales items must be listed by the following Tuesday.
- Each seller is limited to a total of 20 items as a seller. (No limit on BAP/HAP items.) Fish and shrimp should be double bagged in clear plastic bags. Plants may be single bagged, damp with minimal water - not floating in water. Glass containers will not be accepted. Items that require re-bagging will be charged $2/item.
- Sellers may set a Reserved Bid on any item for a fee of $2/item. When you view your own item, you will see this option. It uses the Autobid feature to force others to outbid your reserved bid.
- Shortly after the auction, you will receive directions to download formatted labels with buyer and selling price for each item in PDF. Print out the labels and apply them to the bags you've sold. We recommend using Avery Presta® 94207, however the labels can be printed on plain paper and taped onto the bags. All sales items must be labelled thusly to ensure proper sorting and distribution.
- Seller split is 75%. MAS split is 25%. MAS will remit payment to you via PayPal. (If you are unable to use PayPal, let us know.)
- Items that do not have a bid are considered “no sale.” Similarly, items that do not reach the reserved bid (as set via the Autobid tool) are considered “no sale.” No fee will be charged.
- Items that sell must be delivered to the distribution point for sorting Saturday morning 9:30 – 10:15 am.
- Hard Goods:
- Picture and description required
- Large and/or heavy items will be your responsibiility to carry in place in the large-item area. ("Large" is over the size of a 10 gallon tank, and "heavy" is about 20 pounds or more.)
- Bidding begins as soon as an item is listed in the auction. All bidding concludes 10 PM on the Wednesday after the auction started..
- All items have a $5 minimum bid. You may use the Autobid system to set a maximum bid. (Autobid will increase your bid at $1 increments over competing bids, up to your maximum bid.)
- Shortly after the auction ends, you will receive a notice to pay for items you won via credit card or PayPal https://aquarium.mn/pay. Payment is due on the Thursday immediately after the online auction closes. Late payments will be assessed a $5 fee. Failure to pay for an item by Friday may mean the item will not be available at pickup and forfeiture of participating in future auctions.
- Winning items should be picked up between 10:30 am – 11:30 on Saturday morning. SELLERS are encouraged to pick up their winning items starting at 10:15 am. Items not picked up by noon are subject to forfeit.