The Minnesota Aquarium Society uses the Book Points Program to recognize participants in BAP, HAP, and the Bowl Show as well as those delivering presentations at the monthly meeting. Accrued book points my be used for reimbursement of books, programs, and memberships that are deemed educational in the area of aquaria and aquatic life.
Current Balances (through 2016)
These values are current through Dec of 2016.
|Cady, Adam & Julie||59.5|
Please use this form for requesting reimbursement.
Minnesota Aquarium Society (MAS) set up book point program to give back to BAP and HAP participants that donate their fish and plants to MAS. Later MAS determined those members that participated in Bowl Show would be given Book Points and more recently members that provide a presentation at a monthly meeting would also be given book points.
Book points are determined by ratios set by Board of Directors. Ten BAP points is worth one book point, whereas twenty HAP points is worth one book point. Book Points from Bowl Show are limited to 3 book points per month and are based on win, place and show for that month. Members that present a program (similar to a guest speaker program) at a monthly meeting are given 50 book points.
Book points are redeemed for books related to aquaria, subscriptions to journals related to aquaria and memberships to organizations related to aquaria. If item selected is questionable, contact Book Point chair before purchase. If you do not have funds to purchase item before presentation, contact book point chair to arrange for an alternative process.
How to redeem book points:
- Find your book point total on aquarium.mn. This total is updated once a year with new points and deductions for points used.
- Each book point is worth $2 towards book, journal or membership.
- Pay for book, journal or membership with your own funds.
- Bring book, journal or membership to a meeting and have item presented to you at a meeting. January is the preferred month for Book Point presentations but any month is OK.
- Requirements are complete and treasurer will send you a check or pay you via a transfer.
- Books must be purchased through the Book Points Chair.
- Reimbursed purchases are only allowed with the prior approval of the Book Points Chair.
- Books will be ordered periodically to take advantage of reduced freight costs with purchases.
- Points can be saved for future purchases.
- If a person's membership has expired, that person must use book points at the very next purchasing period or lose any remaining points, regardless of whether the person rejoins later. The owner of book points is responsible to notify the Chair about their points within three months of leaving MAS. (Otherwise, bookkeeping would be a nightmare!)
- Books will be awarded at the monthly meeting.
- The point values are set by the Book Points Chair.
- All awards are in books or other approved published material.