How it works
- week before the BAP/HAP auction: MAS members may use the online system to register the species they are entering into the auction.
- Monday evening: All items need to be listed at least 48 hours before the auction closes. Fellow members may bid on these items until bidding is closed.
- Wednesday evening at 10:00pm (Central time): bidding is closed.
- Thursday: Winning bidders will be required to pay online at https://aquarium.mn/pay. They will have a link to view all the items they won. Note: there will be a $10 late fee applied to any late payments received after Thursday at midnight.
- Friday evening: By Friday evening, we will attempt to notify any seller of items that have yet to be paid for. If this happens, the seller is not required to bring the items that have not yet been paid for.
- Seller responsibilties: We will provide a link for each seller to print MAS-formatted labels that are to be attached to each bag. (This helps us sort the items to the correct buyer.)
- Saturday: Sellers need to drop off the MAS-labeled bags between 10:00am and noon. Winning bidders may stop by to pick up their bags from noon through 2:00pm. Keep in mind that we may not have everyone's bags sorted by noon, so if you arrive early, you may need to wait. Both parties will be sent the address of the drop-off/pickup location, which is near our normal meeting location (Roseville, within a mile off of Hwy 36 & Dale).
Guidelines - please read the sections for "Buyers" and Sellers" (below)
- If you are unable to drop off your bags at the given time/location, you should not be submitting items or bidding on items.
- If you fail to deliver or pickup your items, you will not be allowed to participate in future auctions.
- Any items not picked up during the pickup time are subject to being forfeited and without a refund. (We need to enforce this rule as those working the distribution event are volunteers and cannot be expected to wait for late-comers.)
- If you run into a problem or want more information, please contact us using the MAS contact form.
Tip: Once you hold the highest bid, the system does not allow you to increase it until someone outbids you. Consider placing a fair and higher price than just the minimum. Currently we do not have an auto-bid feature, but we plan to develop one for future auctions.
Pickup of items will be at a central location, to be announced for each austion.
For this mini-auction, each seller is limited to 6 items. If we do not reach the 150-item limit, we will contact you to add more items. MAS will remit your portion of the sale via PayPal.
For this auction, volunteers will have to sort a large number of items in a very short amount of time. We ask that you help us by properly bagging your sales items. All fish and shrimp should be double bagged. Plants should be bagged just slightly damped, not floating in water. Items in glass or plastic containers will not be accepted. Items that require re-bagging will be charged $2/item.
We are providing a page of formatted labels for each seller to print and use. At the end of the auction, you will receive a link where you can print your set of labels for your bags. Please print them out and attach to each bag appropriately. We are using the Avery Presta® 94207 format, which prints 2 columns of 5 labels each. If you cannot access this format, just print the labels on plain paper, cut out the label and tape securely it to your bag. We need this label for proper sorting.
Seller split is 72%. MAS is 25% + 3% for credit card/processing fees. Items that do not reach the $5 minimum bid are considered "no sale" and no fee/split is incurred.